Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Danelle's Educational Podcast - Astronomy-heavy

In an assignment a few quarters back (about a year ago I'm realizing) I had to make an educational video podcast all by myself. In the class we focused on Constructivist Learning Theory, and we had to purchase the expensive and hefty Cambridge Handbook of the Learning Sciences. You may have noticed that I used it as a source in my previous post - Classroom wikis. I figured I paid enough darn $$$ for it that it might as well serve a purpose outside of that other class.

Anyway, making the podcast was really fun! It took a lot of time, but I know how to make one about five times faster, so that's always the bonus of learning how to use the technology... finding short-cuts and making things more efficient later.

My podcast is on authentic practice and using data sets to make conclusions. I used the wonderful CLEA software to get data on the rotational orbits of Jupiter's Moons. Good old Galileo. He first spotted the four largest moons - aptly called Galilean moons - and also noticed the "ears" (rings, actually) of Saturn.

Okay, enough intro, here's the link to the podcast. You can find it at Teachertube.com, like YouTube, for Teachers. "Ya know, for kids!" - Hudsucker Proxy
BEWARE! It is kinda lengthy, somewhere around 20 minutes.

Danelle's Video Podcast

I'm the user: mrsrowley

(heehee, that's me playing the piano.)

No comments: